NEW YORK, NY – Prime Clerk, a leading claims and noticing agent, welcomes industry veterans Jennifer Kimble, Mariah Dubin, and Matthew Williams to its senior leadership team. This group of professionals has decades of experience working in the restructuring industry.
- Jennifer B. Kimble joins Prime Clerk as Director, Business Development. Before joining Prime Clerk, Jennifer worked for many years at Rumberger Kirk & Caldwell and, before that, Burr & Forman in Birmingham, Alabama. She serves on the International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation’s (IWIRC) Board of Directors, has held various roles within the American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI) and recently served as Chair of the Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section of the Birmingham, Alabama Bar. Notable matters Jennifer has worked on include representing the United Mine Workers of America in Walter Energy, Inc., the Official Committee of Retired Employees of Eastman Kodak Company and various lenders, including Wells Fargo and Regions Bank, in an assortment of restructuring matters.
- Mariah Dubin joins Prime Clerk as Director, Business Operations and Controls. Before joining Prime Clerk, Mariah was the Senior Manager of Operations for Epiq Systems’ Chapter 11 Restructuring Division, and a member of Epiq’s product development team. Mariah was instrumental in developing and implementing the multi-billion dollar distribution process in Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. and assisted with distribution and account reconciliation projects in cases including Global Crossing, Ltd. In addition, Mariah worked extensively on matters such as XO Communications, Inc., Frank’s Nursery & Crafts, Metromedia Fiber Network, Ogden New York Services (NKA Covanta Energy), Brooklyn Hospital, Saint Vincent’s Catholic Medical Centers and Delta Air Lines.
- Matthew M. Williams joins Prime Clerk as Director, Consulting. Before joining Prime Clerk, Matt was a Director in Alvarez & Marsal’s North American Restructuring practice. Matt has widespread experience leading teams in the preparation of “first-day” motions and Statement of Financial Affairs and Schedules of Assets and Liabilities and has led extensive bankruptcy claims analysis and reconciliation processes on behalf of his clients. Matt’s client representations include Alpha Natural Resources, Inc., Abengoa, QCE Finance LLC (Quizno’s), Longview Power, LLC, BB Liquidating, Inc. fka Blockbuster Inc., Aleris International, Inc., Tronox Incorporated and Lear Corporation. In addition, Matt participated in an American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) task force, which included authoring chapters of the AICPA Bankruptcy and Reorganization Services practice aid.
Shai Waisman, Prime Clerk’s CEO, commented that “we are very fortunate to have Jennifer, Mariah, and Matt join our team. They come to Prime Clerk with a wealth of talent, expertise, and experience, and each is well known and respected in our industry. We have assembled the most experienced team of professionals in the industry and these additions further bolster our unmatched qualifications.”
Prime Clerk is a leading bankruptcy and restructuring claims and noticing agent based in New York and was founded by veteran restructuring attorneys and consultants with the vision of bringing next generation technology, heightened professionalism and reliable service into a stagnant industry. Prime Clerk delivers tailored, practical and client-collaborative solutions to bankruptcy administration.
NEW YORK, NY – Prime Clerk, a leading bankruptcy claims and noticing agent, is pleased to announce the continued expansion of its senior leadership team, including recognized experts in the restructuring industry, Abigail Lerner and David Sharp.
- Abigail Lerner, Director. Abby has nearly 10 years of restructuring experience. Before joining Prime Clerk, Abby was a senior associate in the Business Finance & Restructuring department of Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP where she represented debtors, creditors, and lenders in the context of complex chapter 11 cases and out-of-court restructurings. Some of the Weil clients she represented included Armstrong World Industries, BearingPoint, TSIC, Inc., Pilgrim’s Pride, Highland Hospitality, Morgan Stanley, and Goldman Sachs.
- David Sharp, Director of Solicitation and Public Securities. David has nearly 30 years of experience advising on both domestic and international restructuring transactions involving publicly traded securities. Representative cases that he has managed include Washington Mutual, Eastman Kodak and Lear Corp. in the U.S. as well as international cases such as Telewest PLC, UPC Corp. and Northern Offshore. David was previously the director of public securities at Kurtzman Carson Consultants, vice president of financial balloting at Epiq Systems, and specialist in global voting issues with Innisfree M&A. He has contributed articles to publications such as the ABI Journal and The Daily Bankruptcy Review and has taught CLE classes on topics related to public securities in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
Lerner and Sharp join several other key leaders that have joined the Prime Clerk team over the past several months, including:
- James Daloia, Director of Solicitation and Disbursements. Jim specializes in noticing and balloting holders of domestic and international public securities, as well as non-securities claims and bank debt. Prior to joining Prime Clerk, Jim was the Manager of Solicitation Operations at Epiq Systems, where he managed some of the largest and most complex restructurings and distributions, including Lehman Brothers, Lehman Brothers Securities, NV, CIT, Chrysler, Motors Liquidation (f/k/a GM), Dynegy, Hawker Beechcraft, Tribune, NAPCUS, Lyondell Chemical, Hayes Lemmerz, Reader’s Digest, Dex One and Supermedia.
- Herb Baer, Director. Herb is one of the most experienced consultants in the industry, having spent over 15 years leading the administration of large chapter 11 cases, including Lehman Brothers, WorldCom, Bethlehem Steel, Steve and Barry’s and Arch Wireless. Before joining Prime Clerk, Herb was Senior Director, Client Services at Epiq Systems. Early in his career, Herb worked in both computer programming and software development and he continues to use those skills to provide his clients with enhanced technology and process solutions.
- David Malo, Director. Dave has over 12 years of experience leading and managing the administration of large chapter 11 cases, including DVI, WorldCom, Delta Air Lines, J.A. Jones and Tribune Company, among others. Prior to joining Prime Clerk, Dave was a Senior Case Manager, Team Lead at Epiq Systems.
- Heather L. Aaronson, Director of Quality Assurance and Case Support. Heather has over 15 years of restructuring experience, having worked in the Recovery and Transformation Services practice at McKinsey & Company, Inc., and as the lead paralegal in the restructuring groups of both Weil, Gotshal & Manges and Dewey & LeBoeuf. Heather helped lead scores of cases over the course of her extensive career, including American Airlines, Edison Mission Energy, Enron, General Motors, Loral Space & Communications, Global Crossing, Adelphia, WorldCom, and Ambac, among others.
- Josh Karotkin, Director. Before joining Prime Clerk, Josh served as the Vice President of Corporate Development at Colford Capital, a specialty finance-focused private equity firm, where he evaluated acquisition opportunities and analyzed and implemented strategies to streamline and reduce costs for existing investments. Prior to attending business school at the University of Michigan, Josh was a Vice President at D.B. Zwirn & Company, a global multi-strategy hedge fund in New York, where he managed the Structured Finance Group, and was an Analyst evaluating collateral for a portfolio of lending investments at the CIT Group.
Prime Clerk’s Chief Operating Officer, Michael Frishberg, commented that “these new hires add enormous value to Prime Clerk’s unparalleled staff of experts in claims administration and solicitation. We now have the deepest bench and widest experience base in the industry, enabling us to provide the smartest and most efficient solutions to our clients.”
Prime Clerk is a leading bankruptcy and restructuring claims and noticing agent based in New York and was founded by veteran restructuring attorneys and consultants with the vision of bringing next generation technology, leading professionalism and reliable service into a stagnant industry. Prime Clerk delivers tailored, practical and client-collaborative solutions to bankruptcy administration.