Shai Waisman, the Chairman of the Board & Chief Executive Officer of Prime Clerk, is a widely recognized expert on restructuring and bankruptcy. Before joining Prime Clerk, Shai was a partner in the Business Finance & Restructuring department of Weil, Gotshal & Manges, where he led some of the largest and most complicated restructurings in history, including Lehman Brothers, American Airlines, Global Crossing, Loral Space & Communications and Steve & Barry’s. At Weil, Shai held leadership roles on the Firm Committee, Investment Committee, Hiring Committee, Audit Letter Committee and Technology Committee.
As a partner in the Business Finance & Restructuring department of Weil, Shai led some of the largest and most complicated restructurings in history.
Shai has written extensively on the subject of the development of American bankruptcy law, the acquisition and sale of assets of distressed companies, and current issues in the reorganization practice. He was co-editor and an author of the First and Second Editions of The Law and Practice of Restructuring in the UK and US (Oxford University Press, 2011 & 2017).
Among his educational and charitable activities, Shai currently serves as:
- Vice Chair of the Board of Overseers of the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- Member, New York Advisory Board of Facing History & Ourselves
- Executive Committee, Lawyers Division of UJA-Federation New York
- Executive Committee, Bankruptcy & Reorganization Group of UJA-Federation New York
- Board Member, Foundation for Education in Honduras
Shai graduated from The American University and holds a J.D. from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law.